Sunday, March 05, 2006

Finished...and on to something new

I've been so busy lately...working on an really exciting project and I just finished it this weekend. But now Im really sad that Im done with it.
It was so fun and I'm really happy with how it all turned out.
But now that its done I can move on to some other things that I really need to attend to...
we're going to be doing some remodeling on the house.
For what seems like forever we've gone back and forth with weather to move from this house or remodel it.
We finally came to the conclusion that we love where this house *is* and its appreciating at an alarming rate so we decided that we're going to stay put for awhile longer....
sooooo that means I want to remodel.
Lots of changes will be happening.
First off, this weekend we painted the guest room, replaced the lighting and went to look at new furniture for it. Yippee! This is a fun process but exhausting.

In my last post I said I wanted to start doing a corners of my home post. Its hard to do during the week, but on the weekend Im going to pick a corner or two and post them. Its really causing me to look at things and see what I like and what I don't.
The don't part is good for the remodel process :-)
The first corner is my new star from potterybarn. I love this thing and I've been waiting to get it for several weeks now.
The first one they shipped me was damaged in transit so I had to wait another week. The box was huge, about 4 1/2 feet square. But its finally here! Not hung yet because we're also going to put up a mantle. Hope to get that done really soon then I'll hang this puppy up.There's another one thats a little smaller which I may get too after we get this all done.

Another corner I love is my garden window at my kitchen sink. I try to keep a flowering plant in it. Just makes me happy. This ones been there since Christmas. The bonsai has been there a few years now. I think it likes it there too.

No comments: