Friday, May 12, 2006

Heavenly Lilac



Over the years I've accumulated 6 different lilac bushes/trees. Many of them are over 15 feet tall and just loaded down with flowers right now.
I have one in the front yard that is a french lilac. Its a pale lavendar color. My Mom gave that one to me and it has the most amazing smell.
You can smell it everywhere in the front of the house. I smell it as soon as I open my car door.
Then I have4 dark purple ones, one in the front yard and three in the back. Then I have a white lilac my girlfriend gave me.
Right now their ALL in bloom. Personnally, I love the smell but I know some people don't. I sure hope my neighbors like the smell...the one in the front is really the only one with a strong scent. I love this time of the year!

I cut 3 clusters of the light colored ones and two branches of the darker ones to make this vase full.
I wish this screen was scratch and sniff so you could smell how heavenly this smells!!!

7 comments:

Suzelle said...

Those are beautiful Susan..love the white !!! We have a lilac bush as well....my fave :)

Sharon said...

Lovely! I need some! :)

Reen said...

What a beautiful sight to see on Mother's day, gorgeous flowers!!! :) Just wanted to wish you a special day. Happy Mother's Day my sweet friend :)

Angela Green said...

Oh Susan, the lilacs are SO beautiful! I bet your yard is beautiful. :)

EC said...

those are gorgeous!

my parents got married in May and my grandmother handpicked lilacs for the church, boquets and reception - she's nuts, but we have beautiful lilacs back home too =)

Mo said...

Mmmmmm. I LOVE Lilacs. I can't wait for my tree to bloom. :) Mo

Denise Gormish said...

Oh, man, Susan! Lilacs are my favorite flower. I've got one bush but can't get more than a couple flowers each year. Yours are GORGEOUS!!!