Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Not much to say...so Im not saying much

Im a total blogging slacker these days.
Lots going on, but nothing worth blogging about.

I'm busy lately. Too busy.
I'm finally scrapping though and right now the mojo is flowing so I'm just going to go with it.
Im not sure if this is the reason for it or not but I turned my whole scraping process upside down recently.
I journaled first. I've never done that before. I've heard that other people do it, but never tried it myself.
Wow, did that feel good... It seemed so much easier to me to get the story down without the picture.
Im not sure why that is.
For some reason I had these ideas strike me and I could hardly wait to do a layout about them. Dont ya just love it when that happens?
I didn't have (enough) time to scrap so I did the journaling just to get it down before I forgot.

For one of the pages I need to take pictures to go along with it. For others I have pictures that will work.
I cant seem to scrap it all fast enough so I've been drawing sketches while Im at work, (during my lunch break of course :) ... several for each layout with different ideas for each one.
Im not sure why its happening like this, but it really feels good- I really hope it continues.

Do you have a process you go though for scrapping?
Try doing it backwards....

3 comments:

Suzelle said...

Love this idea Susan....I'll have to give it a try :)

maria said...

I sometimes work on the journaling first and I love doing that. It makes the layout turn out almost effortlessly. I think I'll try doing this again tonight! Can't wait to see your final pages!

Sharon said...

Good for you Susan! I need to do this. Thanks for the inspiration!