Monday, June 12, 2006

bubble Tea

Have you tried a Bubble Tea?
I've seen these stores popping up around town and wanted to give it a try. Apparently these are very popular in Asia and franchises are now making their way to the US.
It’s a concoction of milk, ice, flavor and these big marble sized Tapioca balls.
The Tapioca 'pearls' are black, but can sometimes be found to be white or transparent. Depending on the ingredients of the pearl, the color varies. I've been told that the white and translucent pearls are made of caramel, starch and chamomile root extract. The black pearl includes sweet potato, cassava root and brown sugar, which add the black color.

The consistency of tapioca pearls are somewhere between jell-o and chewing gum, almost like a gummy bear. They are the size of a marble. You drink them through big straws, a little larger than your pinky finger. As you drink through the straw, you get one or two “bubbles” with each sip. Slightly weird, shocking at first, but not bad.
http://www.chillbubbletea.com/menu.html
I tried Mango but they had a huge list of different flavors.

The other thing going on is I’m starting my 10k steps a day –4 week challenge today.
I’ve been wearing a pedometer each day, tracking the number of steps I take.
Some days it’s not too bad (between 6-7K a day), others its frighteningly low (between 4-5k a day).
Its really an eye opener to track your steps and kind of fun to see that little changes that do add lots of extra steps to your day.My average steps per day is between 4-6K so my goal by the end of this week will be to get between 7500-9000 steps daily by the end of the week

9 comments:

Jen said...

Yep, I've tried Bubble Tea. Something about the giant black tapioca made me slightly ill. I think it's a textural aversion for me!

Sofia said...

Hmmm... Sounds interesting. I'm not sure if I like the idea of the texture of those bubble things though. I'm not a big fan of tapioca because of the texture.

Adrienne said...

I have NOT even heard of bubble tea!! Hmmmmmm

maria said...

Yes. I've tried those...they are truly yummy!!! But I love tapioca, so they idea of giant tapioca is just heavenly for me, LOL.

Jane said...

congrats on your excercise, keep at it. I am hoping to run a 5k this weekend.

ashlee said...

never heard of it! we are always behind here in oklahoma...

Happay said...

that's the strangest thing I've heard of

EC said...

first time i tried bubble tea was the day after i moved here. it's more popular out here than the east coast right now. the tea is good, but the bubbles are a little weird. =)

Suzelle said...

Bubble tea...ummm...sounds interesting ?!?!?

Good for you on the walking Susan :))))))