Sunday, July 23, 2006

its hot and Im grumpy, but its not all bad

Its been so hot around the country and I know I shouldn't complain, but up here in Washington there are very few people who have air conditioning or pools. Im not one of the lucky ones...
So when it gets this hot, and stays hot all night long...I get tired and I get cranky, my dogs get overheated and they don't feel very good, and we all are plain miserable.
Thank goodness its suppose to come to an end tomorrow- I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
But I have some good news .. last week I was contacted by Creating Keepsakes requesting a layout of mine for the December issue readers gallery- doing a little happy dance as this is my first time in this magazine, unless you count the Becky Higgins Sketches II book...
It came as such a surprise because I forgot I'd sent this in to them...yeah!
And, Im finally finished putting together my MMM contest entry. Whew! so many forms and finishing touches. I had to have my layouts printed at Costco. They look great. I can hardly tell the difference in the photo layout and the original.
So glad to get this boxed up and mailed off tomorrow.
Im in love with my required entry - This is why I enter these contests. Not because I feel I have a snowballs chance, but because it pushes me to do something I would have never done.
The required layout had to be along the theme of Celebrate life.
I had all 4 of my layouts done and couldn't come up with anything for the Celebrate life...I was going to bag it and not enter, then it came to me as all my favorite layouts do, with journaling.
I started journaling and the idea took shape.
I love how it came out. I hate hate hate sending off the original layout. I don't believe I have a chance at winning this contest, but I hope they publish this layout just because I want it back. If they don't publish it, they keep it :-(
I plan on making a duplicate if that happens....Its just too special to me.

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

Congrats on the toot!

Sofia said...

Congratulations! That's awesome! Can't wait to see your layout in CK. :-)

plualum said...

Congrats on the call! I completely agree...it is just too hot and I'm cranky!

Sophia said...

Congrats on the call, that's awesome! Good luck on the contest. And I'm with you on the heat. UGH!! Please pass a nice summer rain, some cooler air and a swimming pool wouldn't be so bad either! Have a great day.

Sophia

rani said...

congrats about CK!!!!!

Reen said...

Yay!!!!! Congrats on the CK call! So kewl!! Good luck on the MMM too, I've got my fingers crossed for you ;)
reen