Monday, July 10, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest


Like about half the planet, we went to see Cptn Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest this weekend. Man I love this movie!
The costumes were amazing. The sets were just what youd expect they'd be...Johnny Depp does such a fantastic job with Cptn Jack again.

I've never been attracted to men wearing eyeliner before, but I'd run away with this Pirate... even with the bad teeth! Holy cow! This is one hot pirate.













A surprise to me was Naomie Harris. She really did a amazing job with her character. Loved her character. She plays a kind of Jamacian fortune telling swamp witch character. And after the way this one ended, Im sure she'll be returning for the next Pirates of the Carribbean. I think she has a thing for Orlando Bloom which should be interesting considering the relationship between Captn Jack and Elizabeth.
They say that Keith Richards will be appearing in the next episode, as Ctpn Jacks father - Sweet!

One warning. If your going to take kids to this movie, please make sure they're not easily frightened.
Its rated PG-13 for a reason people...its got lots of really ugly looking swamp creatures!
There was a couple who brought a 2 year old with them. The kid had to be carried out screaming.
Oh and to the guy in front of me with the cell phone ear thingy that kept blinking a blue flashing light for the first 20 minutes of the movie...turn that dang thing OFF.
This is why I don't like to go to the theater.
Only Cptn Jack Sparrow could get me there...arrrrrrrr.

3 comments:

Suzelle said...

Susan.....you crack me up :) Johnny Depp does have it goin' on baby !!!!!!!!!!!

maria said...

I can't wait to see it!!! I love Mr. Depp...I loved your post. You truly made my day, LOL.

JENNY B said...

susan--- thanks for the feedback on the movie--- mine can handle the scariness so daddy can take them =)

love your space--- looks great!