Friday, October 27, 2006

scrap for a cause

Im not usually fond of ordering premade stuff, expecially scrapbook kits.
But...a few weeks ago I ordered this
http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/shop/item.ihtml?idx=419

To tell the truth I never expected to actually make the book exactly as they sold it.
I assumed I'd take the product, mix it up differently and make something (not about me) with the album.

But today it came.
And I opened it up
and I dumped it all out.
and I just might make it about me
Im taking Shimelle's "you think you know me" class so Im thinking I might combine the two and use this kit for that album.
When I ordered it I thought it would just be an album, a foot or two of a few kinds of ribbon, a few packs of chipboard and some letters. But its not.
It really is a kit. Just like the ones they use at scrapbook conventions.
Lots of cool stuff here too. Lots of Heidi Swapp.
Each page is packaged individually and labeled like- pages 10 & 18...
hundreds of embellishments.
Cardstock, ribbon, chipboard...all neatly packaged.
and it comes with a cool little 8X8 album covered in green silk fabric. The album fits inside another box that ties closed with a ribbon.
kinda cool really.
not much to think about...just follow the instructions.
But heres the thing...
how do they sell this kit at $15.00 ?
They have to be loosing money on these things AND $3.00 goes to support the fight against breast cancer if you order one during October.












you really should order one...its a great deal...and hurry!

3 comments:

Suzelle said...

Man Susan.....COOL BEANS !!! There is some way fun stuff there :) Have FUN !!!

maria said...

Looks great...okay, I better go order my kit too...:)

Kass said...

I got this kit too and its fantastic!

Kass (DML)