Monday, October 23, 2006

Who made this mess?

I really have to pull it together....really.
Or get a maid.

This week end I had to seriously wonder who was making all the mess in my house, cause honestly Im not home all that much.
See, I get to be home for 45 minutes in the morning…from the time I wake up, to the time I walk out the door.
I don’t have long to make any messes in 45 minutes, and Im pretty much restricted to two or three rooms of the house.
Bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. That’s it.
Then when we get home, I have three hours to run willy-nilly around the house.
Those three hours include cooking and eating dinner, watching a little TV and if Im lucky, scrapping a little bit.
Since Im all for fitting everything in, I try and make it an even hour for each thing.
An hour to cook, eat and clean the kitchen, an hour to scrapbook, and a third hour to watch a TV show.
That’s it. That’s my week. Monday to Friday.
But Friday I looked around the house and the laundry is piling up, the dishwasher is full and the dust on the TV screen is making it hard to see the TV.
what is going on around here?
Who made this mess while we were gone all day?

Im really thankful that Paul is so good about starting, folding and putting away a load of laundry almost every day. Thank god for that.
And I always make sure the dishes are put in the dishwasher and the kitchen wiped down every night.
But the cleaning…the knock the cobwebs down, get the windex out, polish the furniture kind of cleaning is reserved for the weekend.
If we expect to do anything fun on the weekend, forget the cleaning part.
Its not gonna get done.

But last weekend it did.
I took a few rooms. Paul took a few rooms.
Magazines to the recycle bin-check
Mirrors windexed – check
Floors mopped – check
Laundry folded and put away – check check

Now its Monday and the whole process starts over.
What I want to know is who is in my house all day long making such a mess?

2 comments:

maria said...

I so understand what you mean Susan....the same thing goes for me, I never know where all my mess comes from...although I must admit I have lately been blaming it on the dogs, LOL.

Denise Gormish said...

LOL!!! Oh, this feels so familiar. When you find the answer, please e-mail me.