Friday, March 16, 2007

a catch up post

Its been awhile since I posted anything. Today I actually have some time so this is sort of a catch up of the past few weeks.
I took today off and it was suppose to rain today, but the sun is shinning and its so warm. What a nice surprise. It actually feels summery almost. I really should be out pulling some weeds, but I've been working all together too hard so today I got a good book and sat on the sofa in the sun reading all morning. So relaxing. My reason for taking today off is new carpeting being installed. This is the first of many rooms.
Do you know how much work it is to install carpet? You basically need to move out of your house! You need to empty the room completely. What a chore. So we started with just the downstairs family room. It was in the worst shape so we started there. Next in line is the upstairs, which means the bedrooms, my scraproom and the treadmill. All have to be moved. Not looking forward to that one. Anyway, good thing it didn't rain today because had it been raining I doubt the guy would have been able to do this...
We picked out a textured carpet for the family room which I was a little nervous about. Its got a loop center to the square and a cut pile to make it soft and squishy. We put down the most super duper pad they had and I swear its softer than anything I've ever walked on. I'm happy with it.
We picked a little bit darker color tan that we had before. Something to hide the dirt a little better. The dog tracks in so much! drives me nuts by why fight it? The color is carved oak. A warm light brown. Hard to capture in the pictures. It looks so much darker than it does IRL The picture taken of it on the driveway is much more true to the actual color.
And while the installer was here I looked out my kitchen slider and I had a visitor. I think its a Pigeon. Shes totally tame and let me walk right up and hand her a piece of bread crust. She must belong to someone because she has ankle bracelets on both her legs...she's been there for hours now. I wonder if she's going to leave....'cause now she's pooping all over the deck!








One more quick picture to share....I received a pottery barn email the other day. I think it was titled the Natural home or something of the sort. It had the most beautiful glass tureen with a lid, filled with moss and robins eggs. Such a pretty spring centerpiece and just what I love. Something natural looking...but no way was I going to pay the price. Over $50.00 for the tureen, another $20 for the river rocks and moss then whatever robins eggs cost...
So I dug out my $4.99 compote dish from TJ Maxx, added some polished stones and moss and some fake robins eggs from a .99 floral pick from Michaels. I also had this little wooden duck I got at Michaels for $4.99 . I love the look.




3 comments:

Suzelle said...

Love the carpet. Suxh a pretty color and texture. That bird...way cool !!!!

Okay....the centerpiece....I so HAVE to do this !!!!! Soooooo cute !!!!!

Mo said...

That carpet is GORGEOUS, Susan!!!! And, I love your centerpiece!!! I *need* to make one for my table now. Thanks! ;)

Reen said...

I have new carpet envy :) Congratulations! it looks bee-U-TEE-full!!!!

reen