Monday, March 26, 2007

do you always cry at weddings?

I sure do.
They're just so beautiful.

I love the pretty dresses, the vows, the candles, flowers, and the speeches. Hearing my brother toast his daughter and her new husband. Telling stories of ballet lessons, skinned knees and holding her when she had a bad dream. Giving bits of advice to them for a happy marriage.

The bride picked a beautiful outdoor location that was planted with tulips and azaleas. Too bad the azaleas weren't blooming because that backdrop would have been spectacular.
The day before it poured rain nonstop. The morning of the wedding the clouds parted and the sun came out. It was a beautiful spring day. Perfect planning.

I took a ton of pics, and tried my best to stay out of the way of the photographer.a few of my favorites from the day...




Seeing my Dad dancing with his granddaughter on her wedding day made me cry...



My brother and sister in law...
More than anything else, just spending time with family and friends... Funny story at the reception~ the DJ brought the longest married couple up to the front (my parents with 54 years). The unsuspecting DJ asked my Mother to give the bride advice on a happy marriage....to which my Mother in all her bluntness said - Don't take any crap off him....
And then he asked my Dad to give the groom advice to which he replied in infinite wisdom~ always let her think she's right :) Yep, that's my parents...ha!!


Cant wait to hear the advice my Mom gives my daughter :)
So I know without a doubt that when the day comes that Jennifer gets married...(and hopefully someday she will) I hope my parents are there to dance with her on her wedding day and give her advice, 'cause I already know I'm going to be a teary mess.

2 comments:

Maria said...

YES! Inevitably I always do cry at weddings! No question. Beautiful pictures! I loved the one you took of your brother in law and his wife. All of them great shots! :)

Suzelle said...

sweet...makes me smile :)