Monday, April 02, 2007

bowl food

I had the best lunch the other day and Im still thinking about it.
I plan to attempt to make it for dinner one night this week. Its really pretty simple ~I think.
The surprising thing was that it was at the most unexpected restaurant. We were at the mall and needed something quick to eat.
Paul suggested we just grab something from World Wraps. Over all they tend to have a fairly healthy menu so I figured I could find something to eat that wouldnt be too bad for me.
I found they now have bowl food! I’m a huge fan of anything in a bowl these days.
Something comforting and less frilly about anything eaten from a bowl. So I ordered the Samurai salmon bowl. Holy cow was it ever delish.
It was Salmon, Avocado, daikon sprouts, nori, cucumber, scallions, over some Jasmine rice, and topped with a Soy wasabi vinaigrette. Sooooo good.
Im in search of a good Soy wasabi vinaigrette recipe this morning…I found two. I’ll make them both and see which one wins


Wasabi Vinaigrette

Ingredients:
1/2 teaspoon Wasabi Paste
1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Preparation:
In a smaller bowl, whisk wasabi, vinegar and soy sauce.
Whisk in oil to combine dressing.
Serve wasabi vinaigrette.


Spicy Soy Wasabi Vinaigrette
1/2 Cup Rice wine vinegar
4 Tblsp. Wasabi
4 Tblsp. Water
1/4 Cup Soy sauce
1/2 Cup Sesame oil
4 Tblsp. Chili oil
Olive oil
Sesame seeds (toasted)
Mix wasabi powder with water, and let rest for half an hour.
Combine vinegar and soy sauce in a bowl. Whisk in olive oil and sesame oil. Then add chili oil.
Season with wasabi. Fold in sesame seeds. May need lemon juice to taste.

3 comments:

Suzelle said...

Oh man Susan...that sounds killer good !!!!!

Love the new look of your blog :)

Liberty's Yarn said...

That sounds super yummy! Hey, you might like Bowlfood by Lynne Aronson? Let me know if you want Steven to bring it in to work.

Anonymous said...

hey! I totally feel the same way, but I haven't been able to find a good recipe.

How did the vinaigrette turn out, was one better than the other? Any changes to make it even better?

I'm prob. going to give it a try tomo! :)