Sunday, April 15, 2007

It must be spring...

and spring means a trip to the tulip fields...
in case spring hasnt made it to where you live, I'll share.
We made the annual trip north to the tulip fields this morning. We've been waiting for the spring showers to stop long enough to be able to tip toe through the fields without getting all muddy. Today was the day! Although not all the fields were in bloom, enough of them were to get a full dose of color. The daffs are done blooming or had been harvested, but most of the tulip fields were blooming. The late bloomers are still closed and the irises come later this month.





this is one of my favorite farm houses. It even has a rope tire swing in a big ole tree. Today I snapped a pic out the window of the car as we were driving by.

These fuzzy tulips are almost alien looking. They remind me of venus fly traps. Paul says they look like the plant from Rocky Horror Picture show :)


Now were did I put my wooden shoes???








Had enough? I've got a ton more where these came from :) Ha!
Happy Spring!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

GEORGEOUS!!!!! So glad you had a nice day for this !! :)
~Sharon

Suz said...

Oh my gosh Susan....these photos are gorgeous !!!!!!!!!! I want to move into that darling farm house :)

Mo said...

OH MY HEAVENS!!!!!!! Those are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I think I'll buy me some tulips tomorrow. LOL!!! :)

Maria said...

OMG Susan! I feel like I died and went to heaven! BEAUTIFUL tulips and GORGEOUS pictures!

Denise Gormish said...

WOW!!!!!! Gorgeous photos of gorgeous tulips. I totally love the variety!!!

Maria said...

I just had to come back tonight to show your pictures to my mom...SHE LOVES THEM too! :)

Sue said...

Beautiful photos, Susan!!!! Now I feel like it's Spring!!!!! Sue