Saturday, June 09, 2007

green thumb?

Not even close...more like maybe a lovely shade of yellow. Not quite green, not really brown.
I try.
Always start out the spring like gangbusters, then by August I'm tired of watering and soon its all dead.
I also try to grow a few veges every year.

So far this year I have a tomato, zucchini and a few pumpkin plants going in the garden with lots of seedlings waiting for just the right weather and the time, before I put them out.
I planted my deck pots about a month ago and so far I'm really pleased with how well they're doing.... Wait 'til August. Hopefully I can keep them alive :)


And my fuchsia is in full bloom...

Today the weather man called for rain, good for the plants, but bad for my peonies...I quickly cut this bunch before the rain beat them down...

They smell heavenly!
This is why I try and try again every year.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Just keep it up. Gardening is heavenly! I get my good years and my not so good. The weather has a lot to do with it. Don't ever stop. Look at those peonies. They looked LOVED. You have surely been treating them well. Just like your fuchsias! GREAT post!

Linda Albrecht said...

They are beautiful!! Linda

Jill said...

beautiful flowers!!! I'm thinking green thumb....