Monday, July 02, 2007

what it means to me

So the name of my blog is life’s simple pleasures.
Its not just a random title.
Its something I really try hard to incorporate into my life, everyday.
And that little blurb over there on the sidebar
<----------------- that each day comes bearing a gift, and all you have to do is look for them...be aware of them, and celebrate them really is something I think about daily. At night when Im cleaning the kitchen my little ritual is to think about the day and pick out at least one thing that was great about the day. It doesnt matter how small it was. Because there are just not that many big things in your life, perhaps only a few per month ... a party, a vacation, a special outing...but there are little things happening every day, all the time. Usually there's at least one that’s a favorite or one that you can point to that was the days highlight. so what kind of things are they? I usually wait for the end of the day, but I can give you a few of mine already Today- Singing along (really loud ) to my favorite CD in the car after I drop Paul off at work, and not caring who sees me :-)
Paul bringing me my coffee this morning while I was getting ready for work. I really needed it this morning.
I have Rainer Cherries in my lunch today. I love them!!!
Im a little sunburned this morning from the weekend of gardening, added to the 10 minutes I spent at the fake baking (tanning) salon. I love that feeling.
So what's yours?
If you leave me a comment, please let me know what yours is for today

I also just noticed I was tagged by Liberty the other day - http://libertysyarn.blogspot.com/
The rules are to go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday month and day only.

Then post 3 events, 2 births and one holiday that occurred on your birthday, then tag 5 friends.

so, three events...

79 - Mount Vesuvius erupts. The cities of Pompeii, Herculaneum, and Stabiae are buried in volcanic ash.
1814 - British troops invade Washington, D.C. and burn down the White House and several other buildings.
1853 - Potato chips are first prepared.

Births
1890 - Duke Kahanamoku, Hawaiian surfer (d. 1968)
1960 - Cal Ripken, Jr., American baseball player

and a holiday-
Roman Catholic Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Love the idea of thinking about the little things that bring us pleasure. It's too early for me to share yet, so I'll come back and post later on tonight.

Thanks for the reminder to live for the moment. I keep talking about starting a graditude journal. This might be the push I needed!