Monday, July 30, 2007

white sands and cool pools ...

Although the black sand beaches are unique and so cool, there's nothing like a white sand beach. Two of my most favorites from the trip are Kekaha Kai and Hapuna.

The first one we found almost by accident... Kekaha Kai State Park. We happened upon this beach and it intantly became one of my favorite beaches of our trip. Kekaha Kai is a state park so it was nice and clean and had well maintained CLEAN restrooms....something the public beaches rarely have.
The color of the water here was about 4 different shades of turqoise with beautiful sand. love the feel of that on my feet. It got more crowded in the afternoons, but from 9-noon, this beach was awesome.

and the second beach is more well known. Hapuna Beach is an amazingly beautiful crecent shaped beach, much larger beach than Kekaha Kai, but fairly crowded too. That's partially because of the resort attached to it, but also because its just so beautiful.
Several different people had recommended this beach to us, and it didnt disappoint us.
Its just beautiful, but get there early because it fills up especially on the weekends.

I find its hard for me to enjoy the beach during the really hot part of the day. I must be getting old :-) because when I was younger I could sit on the beach all day long. Now, because of the heat and the crowds we always spent our mornings at the beach, then left as the crowds showed up in the afternoon.
After having lunch it was the perfect time to grab my book and a fruity drink and head the to pool.

Now thats more like it! what a whimp I am ;-)

6 comments:

Norma Kennedy said...

Oh my what gorgoeus pics and wonderful memories of your trip.

I agree with you I no longer have the patience to stay out in the heat on a beach like I once did when I wa young :')

Norma

Happay said...

gorgeous!

Suzelle said...

aahhhhhh........

e said...

wow - your pictures turned out great Susan. it looks gorgeous!! i hope to get there someday. :)

Pat said...

Gorgeous pic's! I want to go!

Charlene said...

gorgeous pictures!