Friday, August 17, 2007

laundry anyone?

After three days of hard work, my dreary laundry room is now somewhat more inviting.
These were the last white walls in the house and white walls are like a blank canvas to me...something had to be done about it.
So a week of vacation spent in the laundry room and in the end I can say that I'm happy with the result, but I had my doubts. This bright red was a huge leap, even for me who is not afraid of putting color on any wall...but in such a small room I was afraid it would look like a dark cave.

The before pictures were taken after I'd already given the cabinets the first coat of white primer. They were a dark dreary brown, you can see the color of the window sill and the mop boards....typical 70's

and the after ..................



Since this leads into the garage, I hung up a coat rack near the door. I found this chrome basket at Lowe's too. I got a few for the cabinets to hold little things, and another one for here on the coat rack, for gloves and hats.

Replaced the ugly hardware with brushed nickle........


One last thing...
I found these paper towels a few weeks ago and in honor of my blog title, I bought 3 rolls of them...to remind myself of my new years resolution, even while doing laundry

I'll probably hang a few pictures and maybe a valance for the window.
I'm thinking black and white toile might be fun

6 comments:

Suzelle said...

Susan.....HOW DANG FUN it is !!! You did a SUPER job !!!!! Just love it !!!

Sue Thomas said...

It's perfect, Susan!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!! I just LOVE the red - it looks great against the white. You'll just be so happy sorting your socks from now on :) I know it was a lot of work, but man, was it worth it. Kudos to you!

Steph said...

It's gorgeous!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, I wish my laundry room wasn't in the basement - this is really, really beautiful!!!

Reen said...

Fabulous! A great change and great look! I love it Susan!

Mo said...

OH MY HEAVENS!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!! You now have thee most beautiful laundry room in the west. LOL!!!! GREAT job, Dusan! ;)