Monday, August 13, 2007

tying the knot

My niece Meaghan bought her wedding dress three years ago.

The classic Barbie wedding dress .... she bought it long before Phillip proposed. She just knew this was the dress of her dreams, and someday she knew that she would wear it.

In her dreams, her wedding was at night, outside in a garden and the wedding party would be dressed in black and red.

Last weekend that dream came true for Meaghan and it turned out beautiful.
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the day.

The dress still fit even (but just barely)



I caught her taking a bite of a sandwhich

among the bridesmaids were her three sisters

Her Mom and Dad walked her down the isle
To make that dream come true took quite an effort but I think every part of the dream came true. The wedding was held in her parents back yard. My brother and SIL have been working all summer to get the yard ready for this event. They live on 5 acres so its been no small feat to get it wedding condition perfect. They even built a dance floor and strung white lights from the house, across the yard to the tall trees. They built a white picket fence and arbor, and planted it with red climbing roses at the edge of where what will become their fruit orchard.


I think they were all very tired and very relieved as he and Oona walked Meaghan down the isle that they had worked so hard on. And it was perfect in every way.
One of Phillips friends wrote a song for them and played the guitar during the ceremony.
They have so many friends they couldn't narrow down the wedding party, so everyone was part of it!


I think Meaghan's dream came true, exactly as she had planned it her whole life.
A new favorite picture of mine is one of me with my Dad. I think this is the only one I have, so I was thrilled that Paul picked up the camera and took this.


I think everyone was most impressed that they'd thought of just about everything to make the day special, including having a royal port-a-potty brought in. I have to say it was the nicest port-a potty I've ever seen in my life. Men's and women's sides, pictures hanging on the walls, rugs on the floor, mints on the vanity. What a great idea....
unfortunately Paul still had the camera as I was just coming out of it...not one of my favorite shots LOL

2 comments:

Sue Thomas said...

What a beautiful day, Susan and your dress looks fantastic!!!!

Jill said...

What a beautiful wedding story. I love Paul a little bit more each day. Those porta potty shots had me rolling!!!!!