Monday, November 05, 2007

curves in the road

funny how sometimes life just takes off on little side roads every now and then.
One day your totally cruzing down the road of life when all of a sudden you come to a curve.
Around the other side of the curve the landscape changes....where once it was paved and straight before you, now its kinda bumpy and curvy .. taking you in totally unexpected directions.
thats how my weekend was.

First off I attended a class at CKC Seattle, called Ali's top 10 scrapbook products.
very inspiring class

This class was a lecture type class. She spoke mostly about her life artist philosophy and about some of her favorite scrap products.
What I mostly took away from the class was a renewed appreciation of how scrapbooking is just pictures and stories.
For me, the story is most ofen my favorite part of scrapbooking. But, I also love to take pictures to capture our stories. And this class really just reminded me of that again. To document my life stories and add pictures to it in a creative way.
With pictures, paper and embellishments, its just another layout. Without the story, anyone could have scrapped that picture for me. I've always loved to include journaling on my layouts, but I realize I need to do a better job of it.
Because it really is my favorite part.
So a little bend in the scrapbooking road.
Excited about having a renewed focus and direction.
Oh, and she shared some cool products too.

And.... We got to spend some time with this little guy over the weekend.Looks like we may be seeing a lot of him in the upcoming days too, which is kinda fun. Look at that little tongue sticking out :)
A bend in the road for Jaryn and Ethan. A little scary for them for sure, but Paul and I are here to help them find the path that's right for them. We'll see where their road takes them but right now they'll be staying with us for a bit. Fun stuff childproofing your home for a 2 1/2 year old. Especially one that has no fear of climbing...oh man. Things I don't normally even think of, I need to now.

And a recipe thats on the menu this week.
I like fast and easy stuff that I can make and have on the table in 30 minutes.
And since Ethan will be there, his favorite thing is pasta...a boy after my own heart. :) Ethan is all about pasta and not at all impressed with sauce of any type. Im hoping to entice him with this -
saute 2 garlic cloves in 2 T olive oil. add a bunch of fresh cut asparagus, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, a small handful of fresh cut basil and 2 grilled chicken breasts or leftover roasted chicken pulled from the bones. serve over bow-tie pasta with freshly grated parmesan cheese. yum!
(But to be on the safe side Im going to hold out a little bowl of plain pasta with butter and cheese just in case)

4 comments:

Reen said...

I love your pictures!!so happy you got to see Ali, what a cute picture of the two of you!!

Here's hoping that no matter where the road turns, you know that the journey has purpose and meaning.

May you and Paul find the strength that you need to get thru the bumpy parts.

love you, reenie

Sharon said...

Susan - your hair is really cute!!

Sharyn said...

I love what you shared there about journaling...struck a chord. thank you!

Jill said...

I love what you said about journaling, Susan. I enjoy the story telling part of scrapbooking too. You've inspired me to work more on that end of it. Wishing you all the best as you adjust to the changes within your family. Jaryn and Ethan are lucky to have the two of you as their parents. Hugs!!!!