Sunday, December 16, 2007

Blissed out..............

this weekend I finally got a chance to bake something!!!!
It seems like years since I've done any holiday baking, or any other time of the year truthfully.
But after someone posted this Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bar recipe, I knew for certain that I needed to MAKE the time to whip some of these up.
The recipe includes white chocolate chips, orange extract and dried cranberries, frosted with a cream cheese frosting that's flavored with orange extract. You top with some diced dried cranberries, orange zest then drizzle on some melted white chocolate.....................total Bliss!
Sure glad I made the time to make these.
And hopefully I'll have some more time next weekend to do a little more baking.
Im impatient to make some Biscotti.
Because it's not Christmas until I've made them.
Yes, Mom has been baking them for weeks on end,
and yes I will get some on Christmas day...
but something about making biscotti is part of Christmas for me.
Just like decorating the tree and writing Christmas cards.
Which reminds me, I need to do that too...

and miss Macie is getting quite use to being spoiled it appears.
I think I'm going to need a dog whisperer if she doesn't quit waking up in the middle of the night.
Looks like this puppers is in desperate need of a haircut.
oh I've tried.
If you can imagine trying to cut away the fur around the eyes of a wild cougar, you'll get a fairly good idea of what it was like to try and give her a little trim.
Somethings are just better left to professionals.


5 comments:

Dena said...

OMG They look fantastic Susan! Yummmmy!!
Glad that you tried them out and liked them :)

Debbee said...

The cranberry bars look soooo yummy!!!! I need to make these too. Macie is adorable!!! :)

lisa tilmon said...

Susan, You've been tagged girly!! See my blog for details. ;)

Mo said...

OH MAN! Those bars look so delicious!!!!!!!!! I *will* be making those soon. :)

Sue Thomas said...

Macie just keeps getting cuter and cuter, Susan!!!!!