Thursday, January 17, 2008

As if.....


We needed one more addiction, along comes Polyvore.
Am I the last to know about this site?
Wow!!!! so much fun

This is like scrapbooking a shopping trip.

The concept is that people register and shop, virtually... at real store websites.
Once you set up an account you can start shopping and building your outfit.
You can select a color theme if you want. For instance you can select purses, then yellow. A screen comes up with tons and tons of yellow purses.
Then you can take your pick and add it to your outfit.
As they find things, they put them together on a layout of sorts...full outfits, including makeup, jewelry…everything, right down to the purse, laptop and coffee to go with your outfit.
or perhaps you'd like a goat to go with that great purse!!!
a goat?
Well, if it goes with the outfit, I guess I need one.
So anyway....You shop and build “digital layouts” with your virtual shopping finds and then post them on Polyvore along with all the store where you found them at.
Some of the ones people have put together have several outfits, or maybe just one. Sometimes its all just purses, or shoes, or jewerly.
There are even backgrounds to choose from too.
Anything that you can shop for online, you can include in your polyvore layout.
Not only can imagine something amazing to wear, but now you can even visualize your fabulous self with a matching laptop emailing your friends and sipping a double tall Americano with sugar free hazelnut and a splash of soy.
What’s even better it puts a link to each of the items you put on your “layout”, so people can easily click and the link takes you to that stores website where you can purchase that item yourself.

This is some dangerous stuff.
These are just a few of my favorites within a short time of browsing.
I like browsing what others have put together more than Im interested in shopping myself.
I find there are some "layout designers" for lack of a better word...that I really like. Others are just not my taste...but all are serious fun to look at.
I really need this outfit for spring...
seriously fun browsing however, warning – its addicting and can be expensive.
I know that I want an entire new wordrobe now....
So enter at your own risk!!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm so bad at putting outfits together... I'd like to take you shopping with me sometime! ;)

Sarah said...

Great post and great taste :-)

Jill said...

that's fun!!!! We need to go shopping again sometime soon. I think that was the last time I found something I actually liked. I also loved looking at your latest pics of little Macie - she sure is a cutie! Oh, Ethan too...my bad!

Mo said...

OH, SUSAN!!!!!!!!!! What have you done!?!??! I am such a fashion freak. This site is going to get me into sooooo much trouble. Thanks alot. LOL!!!!!

Sharon said...

Hi Susan! I'm just making the rounds of everyone's blogs to wish them a happy day since we can't chat like usual! :(