Sunday, March 02, 2008

8 on the eighth

A group of us girls over on DML started a fun scrapbook project yesterday that I hope, no...I plan to continue for the rest of the year.
This is such a fun concept to me, that it may be one of my most favorite projects ever.
It started with this post http://cathyzielske.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/02/and-the-hits-ju.html.
We decided that 12 on the 12th was too many pictures for us, especially those of us using a smaller mini album.
So we picked 8 on the 8th, and I picked an 8X8 chipboard album I had in my stash from 7 gypsies
Last night I painted it and picked my colors which I'll carry through the album - green, orange and black. This American Crafts paper thats been in my bin for-ever was just begging to be used :)
After that, a quick coat of mod-podge and it was done.

The inside cover. So glad to find a place for this KI die cut number paper I've been hording.

Thats the start...
and that for me, is the hardest part. Now to get the inside pages done.
I plan to have a simple double page for each month and I want to get those done while Im on a roll so all I have to do is add 8 - 2" pictures each month and Im done.

5 comments:

christie said...

Love your banner Susan! the album looks great! I think I will do the 8x8 too!

Reen said...

Oh kewl colors! LOVE this Susan! Don't stop :)

I have my pics and I'm right behind ya! thanks for the inspiration!

Suzelle said...

Oh my gosh Susan.....this cover is SO CUTE !!!!!!

Wanda & Randy said...

Love, love, love this Susan!!! I'm so inspired to start this now!!!

rmeyfe said...

That is such a great idea!! Good luck with it!!