Sunday, October 05, 2008

Week in the life: Sunday to Saturday

Along with hundreds of other scrappers this past week, I took on a project to document my life with words and pictures. Ali Edwards challenged us and is walking us through the project. I guess I should have been adding pictures each day along with words to describe a day in our life, but I waited until the end of the week to download pictures...so, here I am with the post the size of a novel. I guess we'll see what the picture limit is on blogger :-)

First off, the timing was perfect because we just got this little point and shoot camera. I don't think I could have done this project without it. I certainly wouldn't have carried my camera with me to work, and I know I wouldn't have gotten some of the self portraits.

The weekend started out the way the weekend always does, menu planning and grocery shopping for the week

Making beds and generally cleaning up for the week ahead. Someone snuck in the pillows...

Laundry that never ends




Chores done its time for relaxation. Headed out for a day at the coast


weather was perfect at the beach today, in the high 70's and perfect for walking in the sand




Monday morning I'm at my desk early for a meeting, but the big news of the day is the stock market
Hope to make it through this day....stupid 6:30am meeting could not get going and had to cancel. I'm look pretty bored or half asleep as their trying to teleconference in the European offices.


the office is a quiet place at this time of day. I love being one of the first in so I have some time to organize my day. . . and wake up a little bit in peace and quiet.

Errands during lunch...Macie is out of treats.


Tuesday morning and we get to do it all again.

Same place...different day, lunch at my desk today .
living in the shadow of a volcano :) Love this site at the end of our street.

Ethan and Jaryn are coming for dinner, so mid-week, that means take out

Another day, another commute






Paul brings me coffee, every single morning while I'm in the shower.





Macie has decided she wants to sit on my scrap table while I scrap....She has also decided she should sit on the bathroom vanity while I dry my hair and put on my makeup in the morning, and when I surf the Internet ....


Paul getting to some chores that have been on the to-do list
So happy to find this just released book at Costco today.
the knitting continues...one of these days I'll finish something.
Trying to decide if my summer wreath will hold me through until the red berry one for christmas, or if I need a fall one....hmmmmmmm
The leaves are falling in the backyard
After taking hundreds of pictures, that's about it in a nutshell.
One thing that's been fun about this project is to remember to capture the little things in our life. Not just the holidays, celebrations and vacations, but the day to day things. I found it hard to get use to taking my own picture, but I think down the road it will be fun to look back on our real life as it is today.
Now I'm excited to move on to the next part of this project...picking out the pictures to use and putting it together with words, thoughts and observations. I think I'm going to love this little album. It may become an annual project or it may just change the way I look at my day in and day out documenting our life. I think it will probably do both.

8 comments:

Mo said...

Susan!!!!!! I love your photos. I love your documentation!!! How fun to know what a week in your life is like. :)

Suzelle said...

Susan....these are FABULOUS !!!!!!!!!! FUN, FUN, FUN !!!!

Reen said...

I LOVE your pictures! This is going be such a great little album. I'm excited to mine together too! I can't wait to see yours.

Anonymous said...

I adore the variety of shots you got.... they are so clear! Great deal on that little camera. Those are going to make one hellofa album.

Cori

Maria said...

Great photos Susan! So glad you are doing this project! I couldn't make time for it this past week!

Sue Thomas said...

Oh Susan! YOu make me want to do a redo! These are fabulous!!!!!!!

Jill said...

Susan, you are going to have the most amazing Week in the Life Album! You have a knack for capturing a thousand words with a photo.....I always love looking at your pics! You inspire me! It's been fun catching up on your blog..I hope I can do a better job of keeping up with everyone. xox

Tracy said...

Susan~Thanks for sharing!

Your photos & descriptions really give a great glimpse.

I must say that you & Paul are an enviable couple....and with Macie there too...

What a Darling Little Family Trio you are!!!