Sunday, December 07, 2008

Im sorry to tell you that if you sent me a Christmas Card last year

I've cut it up.

and decorated tree branches with them.
Martha Stewart posted this idea on her website and I thought it would be a fun way to display all those cards and pictures from past years. I never know quite what to do with them, so this way I get to enjoy them season after season....do you see yours here?
I cut several branches from a tree in the back yard...it needed pruning anyway. Then I picked up one of those foam blocks used for flower arrangements. The ones I had were in the shape of a can of green beans, so that's where I put it. A little glue from the trusty hot glue gun in the bottom of the can, shove the foam in there and I was set. I put the can in a large square vase, surrounded it with some holiday potpourri then went to work shoving my branches in. I went to work cutting up your cute Christmas cards. I punched holes in the too, sorry about that :)
Threading ribbon, buttons and bows, wire and beads to each one, I hung them on the tree.

6 comments:

Reen said...

You get a gold star for your craftiness today!! What a cute idea!!! and yes, I think I see those little mueller boys :)

sweet!

Sue Thomas said...

What a fabulous idea, Susan and how fun to see so many familiar faces hanging from your little tree!!!

Suzelle said...

If that is not theeee coolest tree ever !!!! It's so fun to see the "Just Need It" kids :)

Just LOVE it !!!

Tracy said...

What a GOOD THING, Susan!!!

Jill said...

That is the cutest idea I've seen in a long time! What a great way to save those special cards and pictures!!!

Mo said...

Susan!!!!!!! LOVE it! LOVE it! LOVE it! And I could so see Natty and Dylan on there. :D