I had big plans for making valentines day decorations. In the end, I got only so far before running out of time and energy.
The first project to make was a string of free form hearts...which turned into one heart to hang on a door nob.The second project was really fun. I wanted to use up some of the jars and jars of buttons in my craft room by making a button bouquet. I've seen several different versions of these online.
In the end I just made it up as I went along, combining a little of this and a little of that until it looked just right to me. I'll probably start another one using spring colors. The felt flowers were just free form shapes I cut out of felt and embroidered two layers together. They really help fill out the bouquet much faster than just plain button flowers. Its kind of a fun way to use those really pretty buttons too.