Thursday, February 12, 2009

valentine crafts

I had big plans for making valentines day decorations. In the end, I got only so far before running out of time and energy.
The first project to make was a string of free form hearts...which turned into one heart to hang on a door nob.The second project was really fun. I wanted to use up some of the jars and jars of buttons in my craft room by making a button bouquet. I've seen several different versions of these online.
In the end I just made it up as I went along, combining a little of this and a little of that until it looked just right to me. I'll probably start another one using spring colors. The felt flowers were just free form shapes I cut out of felt and embroidered two layers together. They really help fill out the bouquet much faster than just plain button flowers. Its kind of a fun way to use those really pretty buttons too.

6 comments:

Sue Thomas said...

These are gorgeous projects, Susan!!!!

Tracy said...

Oh MY Gosh! I am SO COPYING YOU!! That button bouquet is KILLER CUTE!! AND, I have the perfect vase all ready for one too! Thanks for sharing your beautiful crafts, Susan!

Jill said...

If you aren't clever then I dont know who is! BOTH projects...adorable! Love the colors in that button bouquet. And I think the single heart is sweet as can be.

Mo said...

BEAUTIFUL! Your button flower bouquet is AMAZING!

Sharon said...

The button bouquet is amazingly cute!

Reen said...

those button flowers are darling!!!!! I wish I had time to make some today :)