Sunday, April 05, 2009

Its like having a 2 year old in the house

Ever since we moved this rug under the kitchen table, Macie has claimed it as her own.
She hauls her toys up here, one by one until the rug is covered. It doesn't do any good to put them back in the basket, because she'll bring them out again.


During the day while we're at work, I don't think she ever leaves this rug. She is surrounded with all her favorites. Believe it or not, this is only a few of her toys. The dog is spoiled rotten, but she loves her toys and we cant resist buying them for her.
I think she loves this spot because from here she can see the front and the back doors. In the evenings she can keep an eye on me in the kitchen while I'm cooking and I like it because she's not under my feet.To make it even better I moved one of her little beds up here into a corner, not to make her any more comfortable in this spot, but rather to keep her from scratching at the rug, trying to make a nest!
This lovely mess is one of the first things you see when you walk in the front door. Nice!
Anyone walking through the door would think a 2 year old lives here. I think its really a good thing we hardly ever sit at this table too because we'd never get to it.
Its a constant mess, but its her spot and she's keeping it.

3 comments:

Suzelle said...

That is a riot :)

Jill said...

LOL - she really runs the show doesn't she???? My LR has become Dave's playground when he's at the house so I know exactly what you mean. She's so stinking cute though...and she watches TV...that cracked me up!

Sue Thomas said...

Hahahahaha!!!!! Macy is the boss!!! I love it!!!