Friday, May 15, 2009

smell the flowers

Last week I brought home a few flowers for the various pots around the back deck.
I sat the flat of flowers on the porch until I could get to them. As soon as Macie saw them there she pounced on them.
I'm not exaggerating when I say she spent at least 5 minutes sniffing each and every flower.
She sniffed the tops of the flowers, she sniffed the bottom of the flowers. She smelled each and every leaf.
She must think that flowers smell better than anything she's ever smelled before. She had her face totally buried in the flowers trying to get to the ones in the center of the box...I could see her eyes close and she just continued enjoying them.

It's been a long winter...we all need to stop and smell the flowers

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Ahhhh, just look at that sweet baby girl!