Saturday, July 18, 2009

make your own kit

Trying to get our scrap mojo flowing after a long dry spell, a few scrapbooking friends and I are building our own scrap kits. I was thinking about how tempted I am to buy into some of the scrapbooking kits because they make everything look so fun since its all coordinated. But, I know how much stuff I already have that I really want to use. So we decided to make our own kits from already purchased stuff.
The challenge was to pull 4 peices of cardstock, 4 patterned paper, maybe one specialty paper and an assortment of embellies, maybe a stamp, some ribbon, stickers...what have you.
The theme is summer.
This week we were putting together our kits, next week we'll be posting what we've created from it.
So, here's my kit.
I have no idea if I'll use all this stuff, or how many layouts/cards I will create out of it...but its kind of fun to see things I've had for awhile all put together like this.

Next weekend I'll be posting what I've made out of it.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Ooooh! I love the colors in the supplies you've brought together here!! Ocean & mermaids...is what it makes me think!

Suzanne said...

Love the colours :) Will have to take a photo of mine :)