Friday, September 11, 2009

so easy, even a caveman could do it...

We were in this fancy schmancy boutique in Seaside last weekend. It was all decked out in fall and Halloween decor. I saw this cute sign sitting on a side table. Foam board with the word Boo! printed on it.
Another little sign had the words Give Thanks. They wanted $17. each for them.Not happening...
It was one of those moments when you look at something and say. . .Thats really cute, but I could make that myself in about 15 minutes. So thats what I did.
I took a piece of scrapbook paper with some writing print on it, then I inked it up so it looked old. I think the one in the store might have used a page from an old book. If I had an old book, thats what I would have used too, but this was the next closest thing I could think of.
Then I printed the word Boo on it. Just realized that I forgot the ! ... darn it.
Anyway, I cut some black foam core 1" larger than the paper and glued it down. I considered using some black chipboard I had, and it would have worked too, but I like the thickness of the foam core board...After that I just stuck a bow on it and was done!
Just the finishing touch I needed for the entry hall table.
I'm going to make a few more of these, for thanksgiving and another for Christmas.

4 comments:

Suzelle said...

Oh my gosh.....could that be any CUTER !!!!!!!

Tracy said...

I am going to be a 'copy cat'!!!

Jill said...

Isn't that just the cutest thing? I'm constantly thinking, I could do that" then it leaves my mind the moment I walk out the door. I'm impressesed that you actually went home and did it. It looks perfect on your table!!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable and it doesn't even need the exclamation mark. Clever, clever you (and I love the thriftiness here!)