Sunday, April 11, 2010

a new ride

Last week I ordered this new bike trailer so we can bring Macie with us on our bike rides.  She's pretty small so its not like she can run beside the bike like a bigger dog could, and I really didn't feel comfortable with the handlebar type of baskets they make for carrying dogs. I think she would freak out in a front handlebar basket.
Paul and I loved this little pull behind trailer when we saw it online. I ordered it around 3pm Monday afternoon and it showed up on my doorstep about 2pm the next day. Thats some fast delivery! Guess it pays to live close to the amazon warehouse :-)

Macie has never been crate trained so we were a little worried that she wouldn't like being confined in this trailer, so we're letting her get use to it in the living room...once she's comfortable in there (which she already is doing pretty well), we'll hook it up to the bike and take it for a spin.
It has a front and back door. The front entry is screened and has a clear plastic rain/wind sheild that can close. The back door is not screened and has pockets to hold leashes, water bottles and stuff. There is also a clear plastic sunroof that unzips so she can poke her head out and enjoy the wind in her ears.
I put one of her little beds and a few toys inside it so she feels right at home already.

I gotta say, this is the cutest little trailer I've ever seen and I know we're going to get much more use out of our bikes now that Macie can come too.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

THAT is just TOO DARLING!!! I hope she loves it, sounds like a great way to spend your weekends ;o)

Suzelle said...

Oh my gosh...that is so stinkin' CUTE !!!!!!

Mo said...

LOL! Look at that gorgeous little puppy!! Happy trails to Macie. :)

Sue Thomas said...

That is just too cute, Susan!! Macie sure has a good life!!!!1