Friday, June 25, 2010

Decorating inspiration

I realize this post doesnt interest anyone but me, but as I find decorating inspiration I like to deposit them here so I can find them later. We have a ton of projects we're working on around the house so I've been seeking inspiration online and found some decorating inspiration I want to add to my saved files. Saves having to buy the magazine then figure out where to save all those torn out pages.
Not that my family room looks anything like these rooms, its the color and accesories I want to remember.  Both photo's come from country living magazine. These summery looks will go well with our denim blue sofa. I like the rattan shades and blue prints, and the green pillow adds that little bit of color to mix it up. Those big blue lamps are awesome.


I love this coffee table. For some reason Im always attracted to coffee tables with wheels. If I only I could find a big basket like this one...and the lamp. Love that

I have found a great place to download picture of to print and frame. Vintage Printables is a free website with all kinds of vintage botanical pictures. I think maybe some Coral  crabs and these shells too. they'd make a nice grouping.

Also working on updating our master bath. We dont want to do a full remodel so I'm looking for ways to save some cash, but update it.  One thing I know for sure, I am drawn to bright and light bathrooms rather than any kind of wood. I'll be painting our dark wood cabinet a bright white and the walls a nice blue/green seaglass color.  Soft grey towels look awesome here, but I also think orange would look great as an accent color somewhere.Maybe just a little cup of flowers or something
Love these ones I found online in Sunset Magazine. Of course everything looks better with marble countertops and white subway tile.

2 comments:

Suzelle said...

Oh Susan.....I LOVE both of those living rooms !!!

Tracy said...

Prettyness!