Tuesday, June 15, 2010

just a walk

There are days when I arrive at work early in the morning and don't step a foot outside the office all day long. I miss the entire day.  I have the best intentions of getting away from my desk, but it never seems to happen. It makes for a pretty long day when there isn't an interruption to work for 10+ hours straight. I even eat my lunch at my desk most of the time.
Even a short walk around the block would be nice. Today it was beautiful outside for the first time in quite a while so I made up my mind to go out and get some fresh air.  It just so happened that I'd stuck my little point and shoot in my purse that morning so I grabbed it before I left my desk.  It really made that short little time away from my computer screen fun. I took a nice walk, enjoyed the sunshine and took a few pics along the way.  Here are some shots of my walk today.
Half way around the block is pretty manicured landscape of offices and hotels, and the other half is wild fields of weeds. Both were much more interesting when I was looking at them through a camera lens.
It sure makes a pretty boring walk more fun if your on the lookout for things to take pictures of and it ties in nicely with my "word" for this year, Focus. I may not be walking as fast as I could without the camera, but I'm getting away from my desk and taking a little mental holiday. I think I'll find a little more time to get away from my desk if I bring my camera with me.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I'd say that was a pretty, pretty walk!