Sunday, June 06, 2010

unraveled

It was a drippy drizzly Sunday and Paul wasn't feeling well so I pulled out a project that hasn't seen the light of day in many months. I think August was the last time I worked on my quilt. I love to sew and last year I got an amazing new sewing machine. I haven't had much time to play with it lately, although I've thought about it a lot. I got to thinking about the design I was using for this quilt and decided I wanted to make it a rag quilt instead of the way it was going before. I had all the squares together and had sewn them into strips. 
Today I took the strips apart because I want to quilt each square and put them together as a rag unraveled quilt. I love the looks of these kinds of quilts so much and didnt want to go through all the work of making this a traditional quilt.So, the seam ripper was my friend today. In a few hours I'd undone the squares.
While I was working on that, little miss Thing was napping next to me. She just got a haircut yesterday ;-)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I love the look of rag quilts too, Susan...so home-y & sweet!

(Macie girl's haircut is BE-aUtiful!)

Sue Thomas said...

What a fun project, Susan and I swear Macie gets cuter everyday!!!