Saturday, June 16, 2012

a little project

A few weeks ago I was at goodwill looking for some unique items for the new house in Oregon. I found this little footstool for $12.00  I wasn't sure where I would use it, or what I would do with it. I thought it was very sturdy and in pretty good shape for its age, which Im sure is pretty old. The vinyl is in great shape still and surprisingly still soft, not crispy at all. 

The side vinyl...pretty isnt it? :)  
But its in good shape except for the scuffed little legs.

A trip to JoAnnes fabric and I found some upholstery fabric that I think will go with the guest bedroom as a little seat in the corner to use to put your shoes on. The room isnt large so theres not a lot of room for a chair. The fabric is kind of a silvery sage green/blue, some cotton clothesline for the edging, some contrasting fabric for the edging and a piece of batting.

Because the cover on the footstool is in really good shape I just want to make a slipcover for it.


I love to add unique older pieces along with new furniture to make it feel more like its been lived in. We could just throw a bunch of new furniture in the house, but I love to give new life to something old and make it look as though its been a part of the family for a long time. 
Im excited to work on this and see what I can do with it.

No comments: