Thursday, May 16, 2013

simple gifts are the best

Usually I have a hard time finding something for Mom for Mom's day.
This year I got a really good hint of what she wanted when I made this for my sister for her birthday in February....

A broken pot, some moss, ferns, hens and chicks from the yard and a cute little gnome...done.
When I gave it to my sister, I heard Mom say, I want one!  I wasn't sure if she was just saying that to be polite or not, but when I walked in on Mom's day with one for her, she was thrilled.


Hers is a little different from this one, but I can't find the picture I took of it. She got a cute little bird bath with a frog in it and a brass birdhouse instead of a gnome and a brass bird feeder.  
Both she and my dad said that she had said that she sure hoped I was going to make her one.
When I walked in with the bag I was carrying it in she said " I sure hope that's what I think it is!"
haha...she's so happy to please, Im glad I took her up on her request and simple gifts are always best



No comments: