Friday, June 21, 2013

Favorite places

We just returned from the first full week in Bend this year.
And did it ever feel good. Not sure when we'll get the chance to go back for a full week, but it probably won't be until late summer, or early fall.
We've developed quite a list of "favorite places". So many, that we often can't get to them all, even when we're there for a full week.
Last week I found a new favorite place. Its right down the road from one of our other favorite places, McKays Cottage.

When the sun is shinning, its fabulous to sit outside. When its a little chilly, they bring you soft cozy blankets to put on your lap.  
And, they make the most amazing pumpkin pancakes I've ever eaten.

Another favorite spot is Jacksons corner. I think at one time this old building must have been the corner grocery or hardware store or something like that. I'll have to do some reserch on it. Its definitely been around awhile, thats for sure. Love places like this.   It has warn plank wood floors and a wood fired oven.  Its nestled right in the middle of an older neighborhood.   Wish it was within walking distance of our house.
and they have fresh squeezed orange juice...mmmm

But...my newest favorite place is called Pomegranates home and garden.  This cute shop is set up in an old house and outbuildings.



The Barn is full of the outdoor treasures....love that light!

Inside the main house is set up to display items that would be found in that room...so, the kitchen area holds all the kitchen gadgets, the upstairs bedrooms hold the bed linens and children's things. 
This is a peek into the living room area. That wooden bowl on the table there came home with me. :-)


This shopping cart was upstairs in the children's bedroom. Full of Dammit Dolls .... I probably need one of those some days. 


The nursery upstairs had this old crib full of pillows made from vintage tablecloths.  
Loved them. Very soft and squishy with feather pillow inserts. But, I know that somewhere I have a tablecloth that has a few stains on it...and now I know what to do with it. 

I bought a few things, that wooden bowl from the living room and a cute linen apron that I found in the kitchen. Out in the barn we also found a solar lantern for the patio thats really cool.  

I love shops like this. You can always find the cutest things in them.

I'll take more pictures next time, which I hope will be over the July 4th weekend. They're having a huge outdoor vintage market. Cant wait to go again.






No comments: